Please keep in mind that this is a slow work in progress. If dates or names are missing please let me know the info so I can update it. If there is someone you are looking for and do not see them on here please let me know, I may have missed them. Thank you so much for your patience while I work on this. Each post is linked to a family unless there are unknown.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Work in progress

 Hello to anyone who finds my blog, or should I say our blog.  This is actually the results of several individuals who are interested in the family history of the McKirgans.  These people are either McKirgan's or related to the McKirgan's.  

There are a number of groups or families of McKirgans that have been identified through the MGG. Our ultimate goal is to connect all of these McKirgan families into one large McKirgan family or Clan. Hopefully if all of us work together, share information and go back far enough in time with our own individual family histories, we will eventually find a common ancestor. 

The groups have been divided into Alexander McKirgan, Ohio McKirgan's, Ireland McKirgan's, Canadian McKirgan's and misc. McKirgan's.  

The Alexander McKirgan's is the family I belong to.  Alexander was the first McKirgan in my branch that came to American. (That we can find that it is)  Alexander had 11 children.

The Ohio, Ireland, and Canadian McKirgan's are named because of their locations where the oldest ancestry is located.  The Misc. McKirgan's are the people we have found throughout the years that can not be placed within any other family branch. 

Over time, I plan on posting pictures, documents and any other information that we have collected throughout the years.  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

*- living

**-personal information unknown at this time.